Saturday, May 5, 2012

Blog intro

I've been blogging about almost everything, from spirituality, to DIY projects, to healthy eating. I've decided to create this blog and devote it soley to healthful living, so that I can expand upon the knowledge I acquire through this journey my family is taking, and share it with anyone who cares to listen!

I'll start by saying that I completed my certification for nutritional and wellness counseling through the American Fitness Professionals Association a few months ago. So I do have some book smarts on the subject matter... but I would mostly say that just being a mom is the driving force behind my pursuit of making healthy choices. Every day I am constantly looking for more information to help my family live a happier, healthier life through the additions and removals of certain foods. I feel like God has given us this amazing creation, and if we would stop looking to food processing plants to put out lunchables for our kids and frozen dinners for us... we would see an incredible transformation in our overall health and our resistance to diseases.

I'm so encouraged by the amount of my peers who are making these changes with me. I hope any information you gather, you will share with me as well!

This particular entry was intended to be an intro. My next entry will simply be a copy and paste of my anti-inflammatory smoothie blog, just so I can keep up with the theme. I'll be posting an entry on my blender soon as well since I've received a few texts and emails asking about it.

Thanks friends!

Cynthia